Why do I have to write an artist statement? It's stupid. If I wanted to write to express myself I would have been a writer. The whole idea of her art is to say things visually. Why can't people just look at her art and take away whatever experiences they will?
On this planet, people communicate with words, and your artist statement introduces and communicates the language component of your art. People who come into contact with your art and want to know more will have questions. When you're there, they ask you and you answer. When you're not there, your artist statement answers for you. Or when you're there, but you don't feel like answering questions, or you're too busy to answer questions, or someone's too embarrassed to ask you questions, or you're too embarrassed to answer questions, then your pal, your artist statement, does the job for you.

Here is the works of a very good artist named Temitope Oke. Temi who is a native of Ijebu, Ogun state and a student of Social Work department, University of Ibadan.
Temi is a writer, poet and of cause a very good artist, she have been drawing since she was wise enough to hold a pencil.
But she have not really brought it to the public because she was concentrated on writing and she felt drawing was mostly for boys.
During a discussion with PeoplesGist.com she wrote:
And I love drawing but I can't really call myself an artist o...lol, I've been drawing since I was wise enough to hold a pencil
But I've not really brought it to the public cos I concentrated on writing and I felt drawing was mostly a boy attribute,
But then a colleague of mine saw me draw and scolded me for hiding it all this while, and he motivated me to keep it up and not look at the fact that computers have taken over, that fine art is still coming back to trend in future
Check out some arts by Temi below...
via
IFTTT
Title : Meet Temitope Oke: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Photographs
Description : Why do I have to write an artist statement? It's stupid. If I wanted to write to express myself I would have been a writer. The whole...